Saturday, August 29, 2009

Initial Review: Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus Contact Lenses











Today its my first time trying this Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus contact lenses, as I was given a pair of free pair to try when I was in JB last week. The optometrist did inform me that this is a bi-weekly contact lenses and they are the better ones.. ( it actually cost RM100 for 6 pieces compared to the previous Acuvue Clear- lowest range which cost RM50 for 6 pieces) 


I always encounter discomfort whenever I wore contact lenses.. but surprisingly the moment I put on this Acuvue Oasys Hydra Clear Plus, its total comfort, and it did not occur to me that I was wearing lenses when I was out the last couple of hours.. I guess that the more expensive range is more comfortable than the cheapest range, maybe the quality different alot. 


Product: Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus contact lenses


Descriptions:
  • ACUVUE® OASYS™ are designed for when your eyes need to be up to the challenge, even in demanding environments e.g. computer work, air-conditioned offices, aeroplane travel and daily commuting
  • ACUVUE® OASYS™ are designed to resist dehydration for supreme comfort, even in dry environments and feel ultra smooth throughout out your day – no matter what you are doing 

Try ACUVUE® OASYS™ lenses with HYDRACLEAR™ Plus if (taken from acuvue website):
  • You want to experience the freedom of contacts with supreme comfort.
  • You want the latest ACUVUE® innovation in soft contact lenses, for a fresher and more comfortable feeling
  • You have previously tried contacts but found them uncomfortable
  • You suffer from contact lens related discomfort or dryness

Packaging: 6 pieces ( 3 pairs) per box.


Price: RM$100/box ( which mean around $13.70 per pair to wear for 2 weeks, 1 month will cost SG$27.40) but the optometrist told me got promotion, buy 3 boxes free 1 box, which mean RM300 for 4 boxes, 12 pairs, --> around SG$10.50 per pair, SG$21 per month as its bi-weekly lenses.
I just check Acuvue Singapore and realise that Singapore is selling at $212 for 4 boxes, whereas Malaysia is selling at $125 for 4 boxes. What a big price difference. ( In Singapore, if I were to buy this 4 boxes promotion at $212, it would have cost me SG$35 per month for 2 pairs)

Conclusion: I had just tried for 1 day and its really comfortable. what the website is true, like wear Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus Contact Lenses for supreme comfort, fresher and comfortable feeling, if I have previously tried contacts but found them uncomfortable (true), and that I had suffered from contact lens related discomfort or dryness (this is also true for my case) ... Ok, I am going to try for 13 days more, since a pair can last me 14 days... If it still be able to provide me the comfort that I experienced today, most likely I will go and buy 4 boxes at RM300( SG$125) because I almost gave up wearing contact lenses, everytime itch and dry so much... I would rather spend a bit more to get this bi-weekly contact lenses than to have really uncomfortable eyes all day. Acuvue Clear which cost SG$7 for 1 month per pair is really uncomfortable and made my eyes dry. SG$7 vs SG$21 per month, I guess there should be a difference in quality, or else I wont feel as if I am not wearing lenses..

No comments: