Monday, August 15, 2011

Reviews: AFC King Konboo Shampoo and Essence


It has been awhile since I introduced AFC King Konboo 3-Step Hair Rejuvenation System, and I am back to share with you more about the products as my dad has been using them for the past 3 weeks. (ok, I also tried the products twice) 

Are you wondering why there are only 2 products shown in the picture and not 3 products, since AFC King Konboo Hair Rejuvenation System is a 3-Step process? Well, my dad has been taking his regular medication (that consists a lot of pills, so I just dont want him to consume even more pills) and that is why I skip AFC King Konboo supplement for him.

So how did AFC King Konboo Shampoo and Essence fair? Let us find out more about the products...



AFC King Konboo SHAMPOO, classified as a quasi-drug, is a medicated shampoo formulated with patented Fucoidan extract and 6 active ingredients. It deeply cleanses to refresh and re-energize the hair and scalp for maximum nutrient absorption vital for healthy hair growth.


Benefits of AFC King Konboo Shampoo:
  • Blocks male hormone DHT formation to reduce hair loss
  • Unclogs hair follicles for new hair growth
  • Stimulates the proliferation of hair matrix cell, promoting hair growth
  • Re-energizes and conditions hair and scalp for maximum nutrient absorption
  • Antioxidant rich to reduce oxidative stress on hair cells
  • Balance scalp pH with anti-inflammatory effects to relive itch and dandruff
  • Non-drying, retains hair moisture
  • Suitable for all hair types, especially refreshing for oily scalp and hair

Key Ingredients in AFC King Konboo Shampoo:


Full Ingredients List:


Directions of use:

Wet hair and lather a small amount of shampoo with water. Massage gently and rinse well with cool or warm water. Gently dry hair with towel. For best results, follow with AFC King Konboo ESSENCE.

Content: 380ml

Price: $43.90* (Usual Price: $48)
*Special introductory price valid until 25 Aug 2011, or while stocks last.

How AFC King Konboo Shampoo looks like..


AFC King Konboo Shampoo is clear in color and it sort of non-scented. I cannot detect any smell though.


















Rub in some water into shampoo, and foam is created easily.


























AFC King Konboo ESSENCE, classified as a quasi-drug, is a medicated oil-free tonic formulated with patented Fucoidan extract and 8 active ingredients. It penetrates deeply to treat and nourish hair, scalp and follicles, reactivating hair roots for healthy, strong hair growth.

Benefits of AFC King Konboo Essence:
  • Blocks male hormone DHT formation, reducing hair loss
  • Vital bio-nutrients nourish scalp, revitalizing hair follicles
  • Stimulates the proliferation of hair matrix cell, promoting hair growth
  • Promotes micro-circulation for scalp vitality and healthy hair growth
  • Antioxidant rich to reduce oxidative stress on hair cells
  • Anti-inflammatory effects to reduce itch and dandruff
  • Inhibits the secretion of excess sebum, preventing oily scalp and hair and unpleasant odour
  • Non-drying, retains hair moisture
  • Promotes stronger, thicker and fuller hair

Key Ingredients in AFC King Konboo Essence:

Full Ingredients List:

Direction of use:
On dry scalp and hair, spray essence and massage the scalp gently to promote blood circulation, concentrating on affected areas. Do not rinse, style as usual.

Content: 120ml

Price: $69.90* (Usual Price: $76.90)
*Special introductory price valid until 25 Aug 2011, or while stocks last.

How AFC King Konboo Essence looks like...





















AFC King Konboo Essence comes in a simple and convenient to use pump spray bottle. Just spray essence on dry scalp and massage scalp.




















To show you the texture and color of the essence, I just spray one pump of the essence on my palm. The essence is a transparent liquid (like water). It does smell a bit of menthol.

However, when it is sprayed onto the scalp, I cannot really smell the menthol scent. When I sprayed onto my scalp, I could feel a cooling sensation on my scalp for about 5 minutes. And I just massaged the essence onto my scalp. It was refreshing!

I used the Shampoo and Essence for 2 consecutive days, and I find that my scalp is less oily on the following day of use. Normally my scalp will be super oily the very next day after I wash my hair..but this duo seem to be able to control my scalp oiliness.


Well, my dad has been using them for the past 3 weeks, and he told me that he is liking the products as he felt that his scalp is less oily than before. He also experienced a significantly reduction in hair fall during shampooing and when combing his hair. I can also see a few strands of baby hair appearing at his crown area. Yes my dad will be continuing using King Konboo Shampoo and Essence (they are still 75% full after using them for 3 weeks ~ a little product goes a long way for my dad as he has super short hair)

Do also check out King Konboo Supplement which reinforce healthy hair growth for a Complete 3-Step King Konboo System.. this will be the complete system for maximum results.



















AFC King Konboo range is specially formulated for men and the products are clinically proven to stimulate the production of FGF-7 encouraging natural hair growth, and block the formation of male hormone to DHT to reduce hair loss.

For more product information, visit Lifestream Group website where you can also buy AFC products from its online store, or join AFC Japan Facebook for the latest promotions.

4 comments:

Alan Leong said...

Hi Sharon,

Just wondering is your father still using this shampoo? if yes, how is the result?

Sharon said...

Hi thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. No my father not using this AFC shampoo anymore (this review was written like 5 years ago). Recently I have read good reviews about Angfa Scalp D and my friend who uses it said it made his scalp less oily. You may wish to have a look at this product and read through the reviews if you are interested http://www.qoo10.sg/su/410958857/Q100168239

Have a lovely weekend!

Alan Leong said...

Thanks for the recommendation, What about this particular brand?

http://sharonandheradventures.blogspot.my/2010/07/audace-regan-hair-reactive-and-hair.html#uds-search-results

Sharon said...

Hi Alan, I stopped using Audace Regan like 5 years ago but I remember I gone through several bottles. This Audace Regan is not bad but if you are concerned that it contain SLS, then may not suit you. These days I using Nature Gate's organic shampoo and Mucota Aire 1.