Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Garmin Nuvi 255W GPS

^This is my little saviour that guided me in JB this afternoon.. Without it I think I might ended up going in circles just to find the right route.. After using it a couple of times, I do find it quite useful to own a GPS...


^When searching for our destinations, once we select Point Of Interest icon,  it will lead us to this page..
















^ When I clicked the food icon, I will be brought to a selection of the different cuisine in Singapore, Not all, but a few of them.. even my favourite Lao Zhong Zhong Eating house at Tai Thong Crescent can be found in the data..


Some other features which I like:
  • It is user-friendly.
  • When I am approaching an ERP gantry, it will prompt me that I am approaching one, and informed me about the timing and asked me to make sure that I have sufficient amount in my cashcard.
  • When approaching speed camera, it will also prompt me that I am approaching one soon, and what is the speed limit of the road.
  • When coming to a spilt junction along expressways, there will be a spilt screen to show somehow the actual scene that I am at, and show me which lane to take..
  • Includes the addresses of some of the popular food places, there was once when we were at Katong area and wanted to eat Fei Fei Wanton Mee, but not sure which route to take ..so we tried the food search and it brought us to the shop..

Some things which I dont like:
  • Some times when its saying some street names, I dont really understand what its saying until I see the road name on the screen... 
  • It comes with 3 selections, fastest time, shorter distance and off-road.. most of the time, it will direct us to the nearest expressway if we choose the fastest time.. but some times it will also lead us to taking a longer route.
Overall, I find Garmin Nuvi 255W GPS quite a useful device, especially in situations when I do not know my way or totally lost my way. I think there should be other expensive GPS with better features, but Garmin 255W works pretty well in guiding me from point A to point B.

No comments: