Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Kundal Honey & Macadamia Shampoo, Treatment and Ultra Serum (Baby Powder) Review

















A few weeks ago, I came across the launch of a new Korean brand of haircare range called Kundal on Qoo10.sg and it got me interested as the products were selling very well with many good reviews. I went to research about this brand and saw that Director Pi (Korean beauty editor/cosmetic ingredient analyst) actually recommended this shampoo in one of her youtube videos.















You can watch her youtube video from this link (Kundal shampoo baby powder is mentioned at 17.33min)




















Today I will be sharing my thoughts on Kundal haircare range - Honey & Macadamia shampoo, treatment and ultra serum in baby powder scent as I have used them for a few days.

Scents Available

























First of all, Kundal Honey & Macadamia haircare range is available in 22 different scents but only 7 scents are available in Singapore at this time I am typing this post, namely Baby Powder, Clean Soap, Cherry Blossom, White Musk, Pink Grapefruit, Acacia Moringa and Ylang Ylang (premium scents handpicked by professional perfumer in Korea). From my research, all the ingredients used in the products are the same in all these seven scents, except the scent of course. The reason why I chose baby powder out of these 7 scents because Director Pi recommended this shampoo scent in her video and it is the most popular scent out of the seven in Korea, and baby powder cant smell too bad right?

Rank of popularity of the 7 scents (that are currently available in Singapore) in Korea as follows:
1) Baby Powder (light floral powder scent)
2) Cherry Blossom (flower scent)
3) White Musk (Neutral musky scent)
4) Ylang Ylang (flower scent)
5) Pink Grapefruit (Citrusy scent)
6) Clean Soap (fresh laundry, soap scent)
7) Acacia Moringa (sweet heavy, strong flower scent)


Contents:
Kundal Honey & Macadamia Shampoo 500ml
Kundal Honey & Macadamia Treatment 500ml
Kundal Macadamia Ultra Serum 100ml


Full Ingredients List For Kundal Shampoo and Kundal Ultra Serum

Kundal's products do no contain SLS, SLES, paraben, silicon and any harmful ingredients. The bottle of baby powder shampoo show the ingredient list in Korean wordings but I managed to find the full ingredient list of its cherry blossom shampoo in English, and also the full ingredient lists for its ultra serum as follows.





My Thoughts













The main ingredients in all Kundal's shampoo and treatment are honey and macadamia extracts. The shampoo is transparent liquid that is not too concentrated, one pump is enough to wash my long thin hair. It is a nice and pleasant scent that is not too strong. But what amazed is that it leave my hair very smooth when I rinsed it with water (before applying the treatment)!!! I follow up with its treatment every time after I shampoo my hair as it is my habit to apply conditioner/ hair mask when I shampoo my hair. Texture of the treatment is more alike to conditioner, not the super thick hair mask type.


Then I towel dry my hair before applying one full pump of Kundal Ultra Serum onto the end of my hair, and another pump onto my hair's end after I blow dry my hair. The main ingredient in Kundal ultra serum should be macadamia seed extract as there is no mention of honey on the product name. When I first sniff this oil, it does not remind me of any baby powder scent, but smell more towards Macadamia seed oil or a blend of natural oils (since I also saw jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed oil, Olive fruit oil, Avocado oil, Sweet almond oil and other natural oils in the ingredient list). But with so many different type of oil blends in this product, it does not leave my hair feeling greasy.

I use the full range of Kundal shampoo, treatment and ultra serum in baby powder, you must be wondering if my hair smell like baby powder scent right? The answer is NO! Although it is called baby powder, it does not smell exactly like baby powder, smell more like a light floral powder scent which I like. The use of the these 3 Kundal products really make my hair feel smooth and soft, and it does not make my hair looking flat the next day. It even makes my scalp feel less greasy I find. I am impressed with the results, no wonder Kundal products are selling so well in Korea. I am going to buy other scents to try out soon, interested in its cherry blossom and white musk scents. Saw they even have many interesting scents like French Lavender, English Rose, Wedding bouquet, Tropical Mango and even anti-hair loss and scalp care shampoo in Korea.












The good news is Kundal haircare range is pretty affordable, you can get the whole set (shampoo, treatment and ultra serum) at S$31.39 or even cheaper (including $1.99 shipping) from Kundal Korea official estore on Qoo10.sg. Each unit is selling at S$9.80 excluding shipping.

[Update on 27 Feb 2020] 
It has been slightly over 6 months that I have been using Kundal haircare range (now they have more products like face wash, hand wash, toothpaste, feminine wash, hand cream, body scrub to name a few available on Qoo10). And there expanded their scents from 7 to 12 (the newer scents include Fuzzy Navel, Blanc, wedding bouquet, blackberry bay and cotton blue).

So far, I have tried only 6 out of the current 12 which are baby powder, fuzzy navel, wedding bouquet, acacia moringa, cherry blossom, white musk - and my favourite scent is White Musk (it smell like a subtle baby powder scent- nicer than baby powder itself) Cherry blossom and baby powder are nice too. BUT personally I am not a fan of fuzzy navel (too sweet for my liking) and the last on my list is Acacia Moringa (do not like this scent at all). I am still loving Kundal's ultra serum which is one of the two serums which I managed to finish using and now on my third bottle (another is Mucota Aire 10). Still waiting for them to launch the anti hair loss shampoo.

Thank you Kundal Korea for selling your products on Qoo10.sg so we are able to buy authentic Kundal haircare products online in Singapore without flying over to Korea. Looking forward to trying out  Kundal Anti-Hair Loss and Scalp Care shampoo soon.

No comments: