Thursday, February 24, 2011

Review: Lancome Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Compact Foundation


















Not long ago,on a lovely Saturday afternoon, I attended the Bloggers Party of Lancome Maqui Miracle at Cafe Fables/Bar Stories at Haji Lane. Together with these lovely ladies, we had fun playing with Lancome makeup from the latest range and colours for face, eye and lips ......





















We were privileged to be the first few to try out the latest Lancome Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Compact Foundation range (launching on 1 March 2011) as well as the beautiful Ombre Absolue Impact 3D eye colours palettes, and new colours for L'Absolu Creme de Brillance lip glosses and L'Absolu Rouge.


Check out the latest collection and colours...

Lancome Ombre Absolue Impact 3D

























Lancome Ombre Absolue Impact 3D new all-in-one palette comes with ultra-smooth and creamy powder combined with sparkles to create a range of makeup looks with intense luminosity. Create a multi-dimensional captivating gaze to reveal wide, expressive eyes using the S-way application with the 5-shade palette. The palettes are available in 4 different colours to let you create natural, chic, classy and high glamour looks. Take your pick (from top clockwise in picture): C10 Reve Du Jardin (Green), A10 Rubis Delices(Purple), F10 Noisette Lumiere (Brown) and G10 Etoile Du Soir (Black). Each palette cost $90.

The swatches:
















A closer look:












Only the middle and dark shades of each palette were swatched, as the other 3 shades in each palette are the same - highlighting shade, top coat and liner shade. These colours are pretty and easy to match, don't you think so?




















A high glamour and sexy eye look that can be created using the black smoky shades palette (G10)


L'Absolu Creme de Brillance


















The first cream Sheen enriched with caring actives : Pro-Xylane™ (10 times more concentrated than L'Absolu Rouge); Hyaluronic acid, Glycerin and Moisture Fix Complex.




















^The swatches















I brought home a tube of L'Absolu Creme De Brillance in shade 220. As you all know, I am not a fan of lipstick, neither do I have the habit of using coloured lip gloss.. but this lip gloss is awesome! At first when I read from the description that it is a visibly replenishing & plumping cream sheen, I am a bit wary that it may make my already-thick lips even bigger (because it stated plumping!) ... but it turned out to be a really nice soft sweet pink color on my lips..














To show the effect of the pretty L'Absolu Creme de Brillance in shade 220, I applied the lip gloss only to my lower lip. see the difference. The non-sticky and creamy lip gloss smoothen my lower lip and even out my original uneven lip color. I love this lip gloss! L'Absolu Rouge Creme de Brillance new colours include shade 180/220/320 and each retails at $40.



L'Absolu Rouge




                               














An advanced replenishing and reshaping lip color that contains Pro-Xylane™ and SPF 12 sunscreen.

It contains Pro-Xylane™, a complete and powerful replenishing molecule that creates visibly fuller and smoother lips. Now available in new colours- shade 180/285/380 ($44 each)

The swatches:














Last but not least.. introducing the latest Maqui Miracle foundation range ( the main focus in this party -ok, I saved the best for the last!)

The NEW LANCOME Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Compact Foundation




















The latest compact foundation from Lancome, Maqui Miracle comes with AURA-BRIGHT technology to recreate an aura of lively brightness and inner radiance that comes from within. Bid goodbye to dull and fatigued skins and recover a natural, shine-free and brightening translucent finish.

Maqui Miracle contains SPF35/PA+++, the highest UV protection ever in a compact till date, to defend skin from dark spots and premature aging. It offers up to 12 hours of long lasting wear. Its mineral-rich formula is also suitable for sensitive skin.

Miracle Touch in Maqui Miracle... the powder is really ultra-fine and velvety soft, its refined texture adhere to skin for a poreless-smooth finish.


The full ingredients list of Maqui Miracle:








Maqui Miracle is available in 8 Asian Specific shades...

























How to apply the Maqui Miracle:












Check out the unique DUO sponge:









Its velvety side helps the powder adhere seamlessly onto skin, while the silky side is used to blend, polish and perfect the look.


And also special mention about the innovative casing:






















Like all other Lancome compact foundations, Maqui Miracle Compact foundation (refill) and the case are sold separately. (The foundation refill and case retail at $65 and $27 respectively.) Unlike the normal foundation refill which is a bit troublesome to change the refill pack, Maqui Miracle's refill comes in a snap-on pan for a fast and easy way to fix the refill pan into the case.



















Trying Lancome Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Compact foundation onto my skin:

After applying Maqui Miracle foundation (BO-01), L'Absolu Creme de Brillance (220)  and some light eye makeup on my face:

















My thoughts about Maqui Miracle:


The shade that I have is BO-01, (BO-01 and BO-02 will suit people with warm tones and yellow undertones.) At first I was worried that the shade might be a tad too fair for me, last week I tried on Teint Miracle liquid foundation in BO-01 and it was a tad fair for my skin. However, Maqui Miracle in BO-01 seem close to my skin tone.

One thing that amazes me is the ultra-fine powder that feels so soft to touch, and it just glides onto my skin effortlessly. Application is a breeze, especially with the use of the duo sponge provided I do find that my pores look less obvious after application. I like how it even out my dull skin tone, and instantly brightens my skin. Although it is unable to cover my horrible big red acne fully, it is able to lighten my acne scar marks. I will prefer to add a touch of concealer to cover my acne scar marks before applying the foundation.

The powder is pretty long lasting, as I find that my makeup still stay fresh after 6 hours. It does not oxide much though, the colour of my foundation remains the same at the end of the day. When I see my skin under the sunlight or in a brightly lighted room, I can see the big difference the foundation has made to my skin -> Flawless and radiant looking skin that looks natural!

Yes, I also love the slim, compact yet chic-looking white case.

Do check out Lancome Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Compact Foundation from 1st March 2011 (the official launch date), at all Lancome counters here in Singapore.


Good news to share.. your chance to try out Maqui Miracle before its official launch date:

1) A visit down to any Lancome Beauty Counter islandwide where one could get a 2-min Aura Bright flash foundation touch-up and shade matching of Maqui Miracle.

2) Visit Lancome website to register and participate in its "My Miracle Foundation" online poll. 200 lucky participants will each get to receive an exclusive trial size of Maqui Miracle compact foundation.

3) Join Lancome SG Facebook Fanpage to get the latest updates and promotions, and take part in its weekly contests.



Miracle Radiance - a Special Event by Lancome















Pre-look your facial or makeover package ($100, fully redeemable for Lancome Products) at Robinsons Raffles city, before 1st Marach 2011, and receive a four-piece pre-booking gift including an exclusive Maqui Miracle compact trial size.


A Big Thank You to Lancome Singapore for organizing this bloggers' party and giving us the privilege to be the first few to experience your latest Maqui Miracle Compact foundation, and try out your new colours and products. Thank you so much for the lovely gifts too! Special thanks to Cozycot for inviting me to this Lancome party!

No comments: