Clarins has just launched 2 new sunscreens (neutral and tinted formulas) at our local counters since the official launch last week (11 March 2011) , and I was privileged to be one of the first few to try out these products before they hit the counters.
So what is the unique ingredient that is found in Clarins latest NEW UV Plus HP Day Screen SPF 40 PA+++?
It is Cantaloupe melon. It contains high level of superoxide dismutase, an enzyme that fights toxic residues from oxygen. This provides skin with further protection against visible signs of premature ageing.
The key ingredients and their actions of Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen SPF 40 PA+++:
The Full Ingredients Lists for Clarins New UV Plus HP Day Screen SPF 40 PA+++ ( Neutral and tinted Formulas) :
Method of use: Shake well before use. Apply after daytime moisturiser.
Yes, there are 2 gentle yet effective formulas to choose from - Neutral and Tinted
Now let us take a look at the swatches:
And after blending out the products:
As you can see, both formulas look invisible right? Indeed they are! (This is also I saw through my bare eyes, and not because my camera failed to capture the true shade)
Now I will try the product on my face:
I am using the tinted formula in the above demonstration, since both are pretty invisible and not much difference except that the tinted formula is pink-beige based, very close to skin color. Upon application with a small amount of UV Plus HP Day Screen SPF 40 PA+++, I can immediately notice that my skin tone is more even, brighten up, and it does help to lighten redness and scar marks a little (see how the product lightened the redness at the corner of my nose)
At a glance, what I love about this product:
- Lightweight texture that instantly absorbed into skin upon application
- Non greasy after application(thanks to the oil free formula)
- Invisible on skin, yet able to make skin look better (brightens skin, even out skin tone, and reduce redness and acne marks by a bit.
- Even and hassle-free application, the product blends out really easily. (but it is not too watery type)
- Cute and compact packaging (fits right into my makeup pouch)
- Nice smell. It smells like the White Plus HP products, definitely no awful strong sunscreen smell.
- Double up as a makeup base as well
- High UV protection of SPF 40 PA+++
- Does not leave a white cast on skin ( for both formulas)
A mini test to show that the product is really oil free (non greasy effect):
And how do you differentiate between the tinted and neutral formula just by looking at the bottle?:
Do check out the latest Clarins New UV Plus HP Day Screen SPF 40 PA+++ at any Clarins counter if you are interested in the product, or visit any Clarins counter for your free trial supply of the New UV Plus HP sunscreen.
For more product information, do visit Clarins New UV Plus microsite now, plus stand a chance to win a full sized UV Plus HP Day Screen SPF40 PA+++ for yourself. (There are 100 bottles to be given away!!)