Sunday, July 28, 2019

Worst Makeup Experience in Singapore With a Freelance Makeup Artist Called Nicole

It has been a long time since I last blogged.. but today just so angry that I wanted to share my makeup experience with a freelance makeup artist who fixed fake eyelashes with a gap in between my real lashes and fake lashes.




And its is not a $10 makeup .. it cost $100 with a simple hair styling. But it speaks volume of the makeup artist's skill when she did such crappy makeup on me. It is definitely not the "IN" thing to have an obvious gap in between our real lashes and the fake lashes. At the point of time when she pasted fake lashes on me,  I looked into the mirror I already saw the obvious gap but the makeup artist kept saying there was no gap!!! The fake eyelashes she used have stiff thick black lash bones and it look awful with the thick black line.

This makeup artist by the name of Nicole was referred to by Yen, and I believe they are a group of freelance makeup artists sharing their customers.

Normally when we engage the service of makeup artists, definitely want to see a makeup look that look way better than the usual anyhow makeup we do on ourselves right? I am not a professional makeup artist and any trained makeup artist will definitely be able to do a better makeup than me- but not this time round.

By the way, the $100 package consists of:
- 1* simple hairstyling/hairdo
- 1* natural makeup
- a pair of false eyelashes (no refund for any unused lashes)

From her profile, it seem like her hair styling skill is way better than her makeup skill, and true enough this is the fact. She just spent less than 10 minutes using a hair curler to create big curls which I like. But not the makeup part, the eye makeup was really badly done, I saw that she used a darker powder to give me contour at my jaw line, but she skipped the highlight. I have to use my Becca highlighter to dust on my cheeks to give abit of glow. She only curled my real lashes and then fixed on the fake lashes, without applying any mascara on my lashes. At first the lip colour, she put on a super bright colour telling me normally for night time dinner, people put on brighter colour!! I really could not take the lip colour so she removed the colour and reapplied a nude pink shade on me.

This was not the first time that professional makeup artists did full face makeup on me, but this was certainly the worst makeup experience out of all. Wasted $100 to learn a lesson - better to get recommendations from real friends who have their makeup done by the makeup artists. Yen was referred to by an unknown seller who is friend with Yen.

So think twice if you want to engage their services.


To test whether it is the fake eyelash's material that resulted in the gap, I just did a test and anyhow dust some eyeshadow, curled my lashes and put on a coat of mascara before pasting the same fake lashes that was used on me yesterday.. and it did not show an obvious gap!!!




The extra step of putting on mascara before fixing the fake lashes makes a difference in the end result I find, giving it a more balanced and volumised look. In fact it looks like 2 different design of lashes being used, when its 1 lash 2 looks. The culprit is not the fake eyelashes! 

No comments: