Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Mask Collection ( to date)

Actually at first, before I start cotting, I have only 1 mask which is my favourite Kose White Black which I have used up 2-3 tubes... but now my collection has increased quite alot ...Photobucket

Queen Helene Mint Julep
- I find that it quite similar to using TDF clay mint mask.. TDF clay mint mask got a much more stingling sensation compared to this mask which is ok after I applied on.. it dried in 15mins and I washed off.. my face feel cleaner.. but did not realise that it helps to soothe down pimples.. I am gonna use a few more times.. 1 more thing, I realise the mask may harden inside the tube after some time as its quite a big tube.. 226.8g.. if you or your friend visit USA, can try this mask.. since its like about $6 for such a big tube..

Kose White Mask
- I am into the 3rd/4th tube of this mask.. although its called white mask, the color of the mask is actually black.. Normally, I will apply a thin apply all over my face, excluding the lip and eyes area. Wait for 15-20mins for it to dry before peeling if off.. it can be quite painful when peeled but the feeling is great.. whiteheads and facial hair will be ripped off as well.. and it will reveal a cleaner and fresher face... Good product.. Although 1 tube is $35, it can last a long time when used weekly.

Origins Out Of Trouble Mask
- I have got serious skin problems recently and after reading alot of good raves on this product, I know I have to get it.. in the hope to get my skin out of trouble.. from all the active pimples and acnes .. but this mask did not really help in my pimples/acnes/breakouts..

Texture: its something like a soft clay mask..

Smell: Oh.. I felt like I was applying Mopiko cream on my whole face ( mopiko is the cream you will when you have insect bites) .. it has a minty smell.

Effects: During masking I could feel that my face was minty, cool .. there is no stingling sensation though. I left on for about 15mins, although the instructions state 10mins. i washed off and my face is cleaner and softer. but my acnes and pimples are still there.. the next morning when I woke up, pimples/acnes were still there, did not reduce in size or anything.. But the wash off effect of this mask is pretty good

Henry Tianus Antioxidant Purifying Mask

- I bought this mask during the Henry Tianus Workshop, the trainer mentioned that this mask can help to reduce acne when applied on the acne over night..however, I did not feel that it helps to reduce my big acnes overnight.. This mask is pretty expensive for more than $50 (oopps, i cannot remember the price now), and 1 negative thing about Henry Tianus products is they can only last 6 months as no preservatives are used in the making of their products so natural ingredients cannot last that long.. but heard that putting in the fridge can extend the lifespan by 1 month though.


NRZWD Beauty DIY Red Wine Mask ( In white tub)

- I dont really like this mask. Actually i bought this mask after seeing one of my friends raving about it, so i bought a tub to try at $18 ( I know its abit expensive, think the market price around $15-$16) ... well. it really smell like applying red wine all over my face.. i used only a few times but every time i used it, i quite scared that it will harm my skin.. but heard that red wine is a good antioxidant ingredient...its a gel mask, so after leaving on my face for 15-20mins, I can wash off with tap water.

The Face Shop Rasberry Sleeping Mask

- I got this when I was in Taiwan.. the sales staff was so good that she managed to convince me to buy when I dont even have the slight intention to buy its mask... This TFS raspberry sleeping mask is not sticky when I applied. I tried it a few times already .. I did not see any significant results on the reduction of pores neither do I see that my face is slimmer though.. I think my face feel smoother the next morning when I woke up, if I applied this sleeping mask before I go to bed.. the Sales staff said a bottle can last 3-4 months if I use it daily. By the way. this mask has got a nice smell. Good to use before going to bed if you sleep in an air-con room, as you will wake up to smoother skin the next morning.


Jurlique Nurturing Mask

- I just got this mask recently, have not tried yet though.


Photobucket

My eye masks, so far I only tried the SGS 3rd generation eye masks ( shown on the left). The silver and gold packaging are quite the same, they are gel like eye mask, simply place them onto your undereyes for 15-20mins before removing the masks..Personally I dont see any effect on my eyes after I remove the eye masks. there is quite a lot of essence on the gel mask though.. Its quite cheap less than $1 each so I bought 10 pieces to try try...


Photobucket

There are a few masks in this picture, but so far I have only tried the L'oreal skin refiner (bottom blue tube), and Watsons Bird Nest Masks. I quite like this mask.. I would not have thought of buying Watsons brand masks if I have not heard many cotters raving about them..Another popular Watsons mask is the green tea ones more for acnes.. but personally I will prefer the bird nest mask as it sort of give my face a brightening effect after I remove the mask, but my face will feel a bit sticky as there is still essence on my face...Usual price of this Watsons mask is $3.95 per sheet, but sometimes Watsons will have promotions and will sell at $9.95 for a box of 6 sheets.

Photobucket

SK-II Signs Eye Masks

- I had quite high expectations on this eye masks as they were highly raves.. I tried a few times, but it did not give me any obvious results. did not see any differences though..
Think my dark circles and fine lines are so terrible that even the expensive eye mask also wont help

Photobucket
SkinVitals Hydrating Masks

- I was lucky to have won the above set in a CLEO promotion.. have yet to try so cannot give a review .. I was looking at the package, and was surprised to find that SkinVitals masks are made in Taiwan... from the nice packaging, one would guess that it comes from USA but then...it made in taiwan.. replica of My Beauty Diary masks?

- Review for SkinVitals Hydrating Eye masks - I tried it last night 13/12/08, When I tore open the packet, I only see two sticky eye pads attached together.. there was no plastic sheet to separate the two sheets though.. I left the 2 pads on my undereyes for about 20mins, and when I remove them, I could not really see any difference. My undereyes were really sticky after I removed the masks, so i just gently pat the remaining essence onto the skin.. although the instructions indicated that any extra serum can be gently wiped away with a tissue.

In short, I can say there is nothing special about this eye mask.


Other masks which I had used:

Guardian Acne Mask
I tried the Guardian Acne Mask, but then I did not realise any reduction in my acnes.. however, i find it rather similar to Watsons GT mask.. First, the size of the sheet mask is ok for my big face, ( Watsons flower/fruit series too small for me) .. it has a pleasant nice smell, I did not smell any alcohol or whatever,.. there is quite a lot of essence on the mask.. after about 20 minutes of masking, I removed it and my whole face got a lot of essence.. the essence is somewhere quite sticky so I have to massage the remaining essence into my face.. It does not give me any brightening effect though.. I bought it for $1.95.. and i think a box of 5 pieces cost $1.95... I think I will buy if I see this mask having the $1 promotion..














The Face Shop Vita B Mask Sheet

When I tore the pack, the essence burst out..wow alot of essence.. but it was not the sticky type
The mask abit small for my face.. when I put on my face, the parts besides my nose was not covered ( ooppss.. my face too big)

During masking, there was no stinging sensation and it was pretty comfortable on my face.
When I took off the mask.. luckily i did not see any redness or experience any redness.. there was no brightening effect.. my huge acnes still there.. the mask did not aid in reducing the size of my huge acnes but I reckon there is no miracle mask that help to make acnes disappear with just 1 mask..

While the after effect of taking off the mask is .. there is alot of essence on my face.. massaged the remaining essence into my skin.. now my skin still abit sticky..I did not have any allergy the next morning when I woke up.

No comments: