Monday, April 27, 2009

Hip Diner USA by Billy Bombers

Went to Orchard Cineleisure with my dear to watch 17 Again, and had our dinner there - at Hip Diner USA by Billy Bombers.. Its just besides Burger King on level 1, directly opposite the main entrance.

These was what I eaten:


Surf and turf $18.90 ( overall not bad, the fried fish way better than the super oily Hans at Harbourfront .. Although I am not a tar tar sauce lover, this little bowl of tar tar sauce is quite nice, that I actually dipped my fish into it... as its quite light... however, I find the mashed potato too smooth, maybe I am just used to my brother's mashed potato which got the bite of potato in it )



Mixed grill ( $18.90) there were fish, chicken, sausage, bacon, egg, vegetables and under the egg- mashed potato.. I also eat tried a bit of the fish, sausage, chicken, ok lah )



Ice Blended Cappuccino - $4.90 ( this is quite nice, as in rich taste of cappuccino even though its ice blended.)

Ambiene: not bad, many blue/red and white.. like USA flag ( the restaurant's name is Hip Diner USA so the deco abit USA feel bah.. haha )

Service: Quite good, although the staff are young, they are quite friendly. They asked us if we want ice water without us asking, and helped us to refill ice water when my glass was half filled.

Food: Not bad ( average)... Passable! Although I would not classified as fantastic.

Price: Ok, its quite cheap as there is a 1 for 1 promotion on main course. Total bill came up to only $28.01 including 10% service charge and 7% GST. But without the discount, we may have to pay around $50. But for $50, its not worth it.. I would say quite worth for $28. $18.90 is one of their more expensive main course, their fish & chips was less than $11... and other main dish like grilled chicken was less than $13..They also serve big burgers which look nice ... and I saw a hot pan thing that look nice too... Worth it only if got buy 1 free 1 promotion.

We were also given 2 pieces of $15 off vouchers which are valid for redemption at Billy Bombers @ Century Square. Minimum spending $30 before GST in order to use this $15 voucher. ( something like 50% off lah, but valid Sun-Thur whole day, Fri, Sat, Eve of public holidays and public holidays till 3pm)

No comments: