Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Review: Clarins Shaping Facial Lift Lipo-drain serum

















Just last Monday, I received Clarins star product of the year - Clarins New Shaping Facial Lift lipo-drain serum ..Thank you so much to the lovely ladies from Clarins Singapore to give me this privilege to try out this highly raved Shaping Facial Lift which can help to slim, lift, define facial contours and, at the same time, brighten my face. ( My face is round and big with puffy cheeks & double chin.. and I certainly hope Clarins Shaping Facial Lift can give me a slimmer and lifted face contour.)

So what is so unique about Clarins Facial Lift lipo-drain serum?
  • It is the only facial care which "clears" excess fat from the face.
  • The formula and texture of Shaping Facial Lift have been specially adapted to the physiological characteristics of the face: the existence of 5 fatty pockets which cause heavy features and the often slow release of fluids.
















^ Image showing how fat is distributed among the 5 main pockets on our face.. Now I know why my face is so round because too much fats are accumulated in these 5 pockets.

How can Clarins Shaping Facial Lift help to eliminate these fats?

  • Increased bioavailability of caffeine (one of the key active ingredients) with the addition of an optimal amount of sunflower phospholipids and escin from horse chestnut which encourages the penetration of caffeine into the skin and allow it to be released gradually and continuously.
  • Optimized fluid-release effectiveness by stimulating blood and lymphatic circulation using Clarins "Manual Auto Lifting" Method.

Manual Auto Lifting Method should be practised sitting down, in the "head down" position (refer to first diagram below), the elbows on the knees, the weight of the head on the hands as this position encourages the accumulation of lymphatic toxins in the centre of the face, the ideal pressure for application of Shaping Facial Lift into the skin and natural elimination of excess toxins and aids in the natural release of excess fluid and toxins without pulling the skin.

Here is how:












































Now let us find out what are the main ingredients and what they do for our skin..


















Full Ingredients list for Clarins Shaping Facial Lift Lipo-drain serum:























Trying the product on my face...

I have been using Clarins Shaping Facial Lift for the past 6 days and here are my initial reviews:
























Packaging: Clarins Shaping Facial Lift comes in a handy 50ml pump-dispenser bottle. Just remove the cap to reveal the pump.. Simply dispense 2-3 pumps of products for your whole face.

Smell: The product smells of the signature Clarins scent which is nice and soothes our mind. Inhale the scent during the "Manual Auto Lifting" Method application process and it gives a relaxing feeling.

Texture: Although it appears as a whitish cream-gel, this light-weight serum melts instantly upon application onto my skin. Absolutely no stickness and no greasy after feel.

Application process: Oh well, it is my first time using Clarins Manual Auto-Lifting method and I was literally stopping at every step to refer to the given step-by-step guide...but after the 3rd application, I could easily remember the 5 steps without refering to the guide. It takes me less than 1 min 30 seconds to perform the Manual Auto-Lifting Method. Clarins professionals did mention to us that the product still work if you do not perform the Manual Auto-Lifting Method (as in apply using your normal application method) just that if you use Manual Auto-Liftting Method frequently, it will help to produce quicker results. I would say a bit time consuming if you are rushing for work in the mornings.. but it is pretty relaxing "workout for your face" if you can spend some time to go through the 5 steps.. ( don't fall asleep when you are counting the time at each step..LOL)

Feeling of the product feel on my skin: I applied Clarins Shaping Facial Lift using the Manual Auto-Lifting Method at night time after cleansing and toning my face. It gives a slight warm feeling.. I guess the warmth in my hands upon applying pressure with the full weight of my head gives me the slight warm feeling..because when I completed the massage, I did not feel anything on my face, just smoother skin.

Any obvious result(s) after application: I just applied for 6 consecutive nights.. and I did not see any obvious reduction in my puffy cheeks, neither do I see any defined V shape on my face shape ... I guess its too early to see noticeable results since I only use it for 6 times.. It is mentioned that visible results will be seen after 3-4 weeks of use.. I will have to continue using it in order to see results..

Any adverse reaction(s): So far so good.. I did not encounter any breakouts ( touch wood!)

Price of the product: $98, available at all Clarins counters.

Want to see what Clarins Shaping Facial Lift can do for your face, and win yourself a full size Clarins Shaping Facial Lift and Clarins Shaping Lift Facial worth $238?
Log onto Clarins website at http://shapingfaciallift.clarins.com/sg/eng/ to find out more about the product, as well as take part in our Clarins Perfect V Challenge. All you need to do is submit photos of yourself from different angles, and you stand to win a full sized Shaping Facial Lift + Shaping Facial Lift facial at Institut Clarins, worth $238. Tell all your friends about it too!

Special thanks to the lovely ladies of Clarins Singapore ( Brenda, Jasmine and Joanna) for giving me this privilege to try out Clarins products, including Clarins star product of the year - Clarins New Shaping Facial Lift lipo-drain serum.

To find out more information on Clarins products, simply visit Clarins Website.

No comments: