Friday, November 12, 2010

Review: L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Range - Eye Cream, Day Cream & Concentrate

Do you feel that your skin look tired, dull with signs of wrinkles?

For me, I do feel my skin looked especially tired and dull after a late night of partying... Hence I was pretty excited when we were given the latest L'Oreal Paris Dermo-Expertise Youth Code Range to try..

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
L'Oreal Paris Dermo-Expertise Youth Code Range is a breakthrough derived from gene science after 10 years of research.


L’Oreal Youth Code technology includes:
  • Patented Pro-Gen Technology - A Biolysat, or product of fermented Bifidus bacteria which has been found to trigger Keratin 6B gene expression, body chemicals which are involved in cellular renewal and promote cell barrier function) to help tired skin to retain moisture and defend itself from aggression and re-establish its natural "youth code"
  • Adenosine - A constitutive component of DNA which slows down the effects of aging by stimulating Pro-Collgen to support the skin's structure and reducing wrinkles.

L’Oreal Youth Code range comprises of 3 main products:


- Youth Code Anti -Wrinkle Rejuvenating Day Cream (SG$42.90)
- Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Rejuvenating Eye Care (SG$42.90)
- Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Rejuvenating Concentrate (SG$45.90)

Trying them on my skin:


















Product: L'Oreal Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Rejuvenating Eye Care


Descriptions:

Skin concerns: Wrinkles, dark circles, eye bags
Illuminating texture melts into the skin: Smoothing action and soft finish. It is slightly tinted to help illuminate the eye contour area.

How to use: Apply Youth Code Eye Cream daily, morning and/or evening, around eye contour area, particularly targeting crow’s feet and bags.

Full ingredients list for Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Rejuvenating Eye Care




























My thoughts:
I do like the light and creamy texture. Scent wise, I did not smell of any, can say its unscented. The product absorbs almost instantly into my skin. No greasy feel, just smoother and hydrated eye areas. I do not notice any obvious illuminating effect upon application though. As the product is on the creamy side, it comes in a jar form, so I got to use a cotton bud to scoop the product every time I use. (Dipping fingers directly into the jar is a big NO-No, to avoid contaminating the rest of the product) I think I would prefer my eye cream to come in a tube, much more convenient to use. Just a bit of the eye cream goes a long way.



















Product: L'Oreal Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Rejuvenating Concentrate


Descriptions:

Skin concerns: Wrinkles, tired-looking, dull complexion
Texture melts into the Skin: With a smoothing and tautening effect, skin is left with a soft and non-shiny finish
How to use: Apply Youth Code Concentrate daily, morning and/or evening, on thoroughly cleansed skin, particularly targeting more apparent wrinkles.
Full ingredients list for Youth Code Anti -Wrinkle Rejuvenating Concentrate:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My thoughts:


This is an oil-in-water emulsion but I do not feel any oiliness when I am using the product. The product, a lightweight creamy gel, just melts into my skin like what a liquid serum does. After application, my skin is clearer and smoother, with a soft and mattifying finish. I can smell a nice subtle scent when I am using the product. Out of the 3 products in the Youth Code range, this is my favourite product. I admit I prefer this packaging over its siblings, I like how easy the product is dispensed out from this classy looking black tube. No wastage, and I can easily control the right amount of product that I want to dispense. Follow up with Youth Code Anti -Wrinkle Rejuvenating Day Cream, and my skin is ultra smooth and well moisturized.


Product: L'Oreal Youth Code Anti -Wrinkle Rejuvenating Day Cream

Descriptions:

Skin concerns: Wrinkles, tired-looking, dull complexion
Texture melts into the Skin: Hydrating and smoothing.

How to use: Apply Youth Code Day Cream daily, morning and/or evening, on thoroughly cleansed skin.

Full ingredients list for Youth Code Anti -Wrinkle Rejuvenating Day Cream:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My thoughts:


This creamy, gel like day cream absorbs instantly onto my skin without leaving any oily after effect. It just leaves my skin velvety smooth and more hydrated, thanks to the silicone elastomers and mattifying particles in the product. I love the scent of this product, slightly floral scented, giving me a refreshing and uplifting feeling upon application. Oh well, similar to its eye cream, it comes in a jar packaging, so I still got to use a cotton bud to scoop out the product before application. (A cotton bud has two sides right, one for the eye cream, one for the day cream! Just nice!) Although this is stated as a day cream, it can be used as a night cream too, since it does not contain SPF. Of course, if you use it in the day, remember to apply a sunblock thereafter to protect our skin from the harmful UV rays.

Overall, I love the texture and light floral scent of L'Oreal Youth Code range, the products are easily absorbed into my skin without the greasy after-feel.. My skin feel smoother, softer and moisturized after each use.

*L'Oreal Youth Code range is available at Watsons, Guardian, Robinsons, OG, John Little, BHG, Metro, Cold Storage and FairPrice Xtra/Finest.

* Special thanks to L'Oreal Singapore for sponsoring me these lovely L'Oreal Youth Code products.

No comments: