Monday, May 16, 2011

Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion
























Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion has just been launched early this month, and I was privileged to try it for a few weeks before the official launch date. So how did this luxurious body lotion fair?

Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion is a soft, melting lotion that surrounds the body with freshness. A formula rich in regenerating and firming plant extracts which restores the skin's youthful density and elasticity. This moisturizing, comforting body care instantly smoothes away lines, leaving skin soft and satin-smooth.

Unique Ingredient Present In Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion: ~ Lemon thyme ~


















Other Key Ingredients And Their Benefits:
  • Oat- Skin moisturizing and softening benefits, as well as provides skin-tightening effetcs
  • Bocoa - An exclusive Clarins ingredient, its extract encourages the production of collagen and helps protect fibres from deterioration.
  • Vu sua (Caimito) - Stimulates collagen production and protects skin cells from harmful free radicals and increases cellular energy levels.
  • Centella asiatica - Soothes irritation, stimulates collagen synthesis and protects skin against ageing
  • Jojoba - Close in form to human sebum, jojoba oil helps to hydrate, revitalize, soothe and soften skin.
  • Shea butter - Contains Vitamins A, D, E and F which help protect skin and encourage cell renewal.
  • Hazelnut - Helps in preventing dehydration.

Full Ingredients List for Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion:










Method of use:
Apply in the morning and/or evening, concentrating on the thighs, stomach, bust and inner arms.

Price: $102

Content: 200ml

Shelf-Life: 18 months after opening


It comes in a big  white tube with service valve cap to deliver precise product dosage. 




















Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion is a very pale peach colored cream. Althought it is named lotion, I do find that it passes off as a cream since it is not in liquid form. Just apply a small amount on a particular area at one time. .



















Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion leaves skin feeling soft and supple and gives the comfort of nourishing Shea butter. The texture is indeed soft and very creamy, and absorbs well into skin upon gentle massaging motion. A subtle floral fragrance with woody notes lingers on my skin for a while. I do love the instant skin-tightening effect that I felt every time I applied the lotion..Yes, I can feel something working on my skin with a little bit warm sensation too.Definitely do not have the torturing hot burning sensation that bites onto my skin.

I had used this product almost every night (like 5-6 days a week) for the past 1 month on my thighs and arms, and there is still alot of product in the tube.. As I mentioned a little goes a long way. The combination of Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion and gentle massage on my thighs seem to work wonders as they reduce and improve the orange peel appearance (aka cellulite) on my outer thighs - Skin felt firmer. Although I did not see any significant reduction in term of inch loss around my thighs and arms, I do feel that these two areas seem to feel much smoother and moisturized compared to the past.

Well, this is certainly the most expensive body lotion till date that I applied onto my body.. And the most luxurious one that I had used.

Also check out Clarins Extra-Firming Cream which is richer in texture, delivers exceptional glide and offers the comfort of shea butter, hazelnut and jojoba oils.



















Extra-Firming Body Cream is presented in the new sleek and contemporary Clarins design: an outercase in foster white with a shiny white top and matte white sides. Price: $102/200ml jar

For more information on Clarins Extra-Firming range, visit Clarins Singapore Website now. Join Clarins Singapore Facebook Fanpage, and be updated with all the latest product launches and promotions.

Thank you Clarins Singapore for leting try out this luxurious Extra-Frming Body Lotion ('',)

2 comments:

Maria said...

Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion doesnt deserve its price, a think there are products cheaper than it that work much better.

Sharon said...

Hi Maria,

Thanks for leaving me a comment.

It is pretty expensive, the most expensive body lotion I have ever used. But it did give me an instant skin-tightening effect though.

Cheers,
Sharon