Friday, June 3, 2011

Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm - 02 Peach Nectar



















I just received the latest Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm in 02 Peach Nectar. (Thanks to the lovely folks from Clarins Singapore.) I was really excited to try it out - I was attracted to the nice soft peach color but after reading more about this lip balm from the press kit, I could not wait any longer and went in front of my mirror to apply the yummy looking lip balm on my lips..So was it a NaY or YaH for me? read on...

About New Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm..
The new range of Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm is enriched with lip care ingredients of natural origin, which treats lips while veiling them in fruity, luminous colour. It leaves an irresistible smoothing, glaze over lips which catches and magnifies the light.

The Difference between the previous and New Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm:























Don't mistaken the new Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm with the previous formula. The New Clarins Quench Lip Balm (right in picture) excite the senses with a new formula enriched with skin care ingredients of natural, plant origin. Packaging wise, it is also easy to differentiate between the previous and new version- The new one comes with a light gold cap and has a slender and longer tube.


What are the unique ingredients used in the new Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm?
The new Clarins Quench Lip Balm offers reinforced skin care effectiveness, since lips are extremely fragile and quickly dry out. (The skin is 5 times finer on lips compared to the face. It has few sebaceous glands and no hydrolipidic film.)
  • Mango Oil- Intensive repairing benefits makes lips soft and supple.
  • Hydracire S* - A combination of jojoba, mimosa and sunflower waxes creates a barrier film to maintain an optimal hydration level on the lip surface.
  • Micro-pearls of hyaluronic acid- gives a long lasting smoothing and shaping effect


Full Ingredients List of Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm (02 Peach Nectar):

Price: $33

Content: 15ml

Shades Available:

There are 8 delicious shades to choose from, for perfectly coloured lips with a transparent shine.
From left to right: 01 pink marshmallow, 02 peach nectar, 03 candy pink, 04 raspberry smoothie, 05 delicious plum, 06 sweet papaya, 07 strawberry sorbet, 08 sweet fig

Trying it on:
Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm comes in a slender and long crystal tube just like a stick of candy. The slanted-tip applicator makes it convenient to apply the product directly onto my lips, but personally I would prefer to dab the product on my finger/lip brush before applying onto my lips.

Swatches of shade 02 Peach Nectar on my skin:



Applying it on my lips:


Oh.. I am loving this lip balm!!!. It may look like a lip gloss but its really a lip balm. It has a non-sticky and fine texture containing a 100% natural, new generation polymer. You know how I hate super shiny ones, but this one just gives the right amount of shine. It smells and tastes like delicious strawberry. My lips really feel ultra smooth and hydrated after application. I love this shade- 02 peach nectar, the soft peach shade seem to work really well on my dull and uneven-toned lips, making my lips look healthier and smoother all of an instant! (No disco ball, No huge sausages!) Even when the color wore off, I could still feel my lips soft. Thanks to the loving skin care ingredients! In short, it is a great lip balm that treats and moisturises my dry lips, and at the same time adds a sheer hint of color and shine to my lips! Definitely a Holy Grail Material Lip Balm! 

Head down to the nearest Clarins counter to experience this lovely and delicious lip balm today.

To find out more about Clarins products and promotions, do visit Clarins Singapore Website and join Clarins Singapore Facebook Fanpage.

No comments: