Monday, December 15, 2008

Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler Vs Shiseido Eye lash Curler

When talking about good eye lash curlers, I think Shu Uemura and Shiseido eye lash curlers will be mentioned.. ( another highly raved eye lash curler will be SANA, but I have yet to try that).. I first owned Shiseido, followed by Shu Uemura. Some will vote for Shiseido, whereas other will vote for Shu Uemura.. and well, here are my reviews on these 2 eye lash curlers..





From the pictures, you can see that they are almost identical in outlook; the one on the left is Shu Uemura whereas the right one is Shiseido.

For Shu Uemra Eye Lash Curler:
I find that this is more stiff to curl compared to Shiseido curler.. This is definitely one of the highly raved eyelash curlers in the market, it does curl my lashes..An extra rubber pad is given in the box, however, Shu Uemura does not sell the rubber pads refill though.


For Shiseido Eye Lash Curler:
This curler is my first branded eye curler, and I am still using it... I find that it is able to curl my lashes, and easy to curl.. will recommend to buy... and Shiseido sells the rubber pads ( 2 pieces in a pack, last time I asked my friend to get in Japan, and it cost less than $1.50), so we are able to replace the pads once they wore off, or after a period of time.





By the way, I suddenly had a thought if the rubber pad of shiseido and Shu Uemura would be the same length and I took a picture of them.. they are not the same length, the one at the botton is Shiseido's and it is longer than that of Shu Uemura's.. However, when I tried to insert Shiseido rubber pad onto Shiseido one, it does fit... surprisingly!..


* the rubber pad on top is Shu Uemura's , bottom is Shiseido's
Conclusion: For me, both work.. both can curl well.. but if given a choice, I think I will prefer Shiseido eye lash curler a little more, i find the grip of the curler not as stiff as Shu Uemura's one..and I can purchase the refill rubber pads if the rubber pads need to be replaced.
I cannot remember the exact prices of these 2 curlers, i think the shiseido one is also cheaper than the Shu Uemura one... If I can remember correctly, Shiseido's cost around $16, whereas Shu Uemura cost around $24...



No comments: