Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: Aqualabel Deep Clear Oil Cleansing
























Description:
An oil-based makeup remover that effortlessly removes all makeup, even waterproof makeup.

Benefits:
- Unclogs pores with powerful sebum plug removing ingredient
- Exfoliates dead skin cells and excess melanin for skin clarity.
- Extremely lightweight and water-like texture.

Key ingredients include:

- M-tranexamic Acid which is a powerful whitening ingredient that is also used in Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum
- Saxifrage Extract and Peony Extract ( brightens skin by removing dead skin cells and prevents them from re-forming)
- Aqua Synergy (an exclusive ingredient that blends easily with water and oil to supercharge other effective ingredients into deeper layers of skin)
- Moist Aqua Keeping Base ( plumps up skin infusing it with moisture and locking them in)

Ingredients List For Aqualabel Deep Clear Oil Cleansing:








I bought this product in August and had used it for about a few weeks, and here are my thoughts:











Texture: Lightweight not too thick .. more to water-like texture.. see how easily the cleansing oil just flow towards the bottom of my hand, even without moving my hand much.

Smell: A nice light rose scent which is not too strong.. of course the smell did not linger on my skin after wash, it is what I smelt when I pump out the cleansing oil on my palm.

Packaging: Simple and no-fuss nice clear blue bottle that comes with a pump dispenser.

Price: $18.50 /150ml

Directions of use: Push 3 times onto dry hands,apply all over face and then emulsify with water, before rinsing face with water thoroughly. ( Product can be applied with wet hands, but I prefer to apply using dry hands as I find it will cleanse better.)

My thoughts:
Most of the while, I use ZA Cleansing oil (One of my favourite Cleansing Oil).  I find the texture of Aqualabel Deep Cleansing Oil is more watery and lightweight than ZA cleansing oil.. yet its able to remove my makeup effectively. However,  I tried using Aqualabel Deep Cleansing Oil to remove my eye makeup but it did give a cloudy effect on my eyes, sting a bit on my eyesn though...it work better on my face than on my eye areas, I personally find. ( For my eyes, I still prefer to use a separate makeup remover meant for the eye areas like my trustable and HG L'Oreal eyes and lips makeup remover.)

However, it does remove waterproof mascara effectively, but gave me the cloudy effect when I opened my eyes after using it to remove my eye makeup. For me, I tried pumping the cleansing oil onto cotton pads and placed them over my eye areas to dissolve the eye makeup before wiping off and splashing with water.  Not sure what method(s) the rest are using that would not cause the cloudy effect when they opened their eyes, after using it on their eye areas.

Overall, I love this cleansing oil, my skin felt totally cleansed and soft after using the product,plus its quite a big bottle at 150ml (50% more compared to ZA cleansing oil) and its affordable at $18.50.. I just realise that Watsons does give 20% discount to this product during promotion period, so it just makes it to $14.80. Definitely Worth a try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Great share, thanks for your time