Monday, September 27, 2010

Review: Essential Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum And Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion




















Recently, I received a box of goodies from The Sample Store and it contained 10 full-size Essential hair care products.

Before receiving these lovely hair treats from Essential, I have been using its Nuance Airy Intensive Hair Mask and Anti-frizz Hair Essence which I like a lot...so I am very happy to be able to try out the whole range of Essential products..

First of all, let me share with you my thoughts about Essential Hair Essence- Nuance Airy Anti Frizz Serum (Pink bottle) and Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion ( Orange bottle)


Essential Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum

























This is how Essential Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum looks like - a sweet pastel pink bottle with a pump dispenser. The size of the bottle (60ml) is just nice for us to carry around in our bags, it will also be a sweet eye candy on your dressing table.














-The description and benefits of Essential Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum as listed on the packaging.























- The full ingredients list for Essential Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum.


Trying it on my hair...




























Product: Essential Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum

Texture: The serum is transparent color and more of watery oil-like texture which spreads easily on my palms and fingers.

Scent: It smells something like a fruitty-rose scent which is quite nice...but once I apply the hair serum onto my hair and smell my hair, I cannot seem to smell any rose or fruitty scent. So even if you do not like the scent, it will not linger on your hair.

Directions of use: Pump an appropraite amount of serum onto palm. Spread and apply evenly onto hair. Do not rinse off hair after application as it is an intensive leave-on treatment.

Packaging: The serum is packaged in a sweet pastel pink bottle with a pump dispenser. Each bottle contains 60ml of product.
Price: $10.90 ( available at Watsons, Guardian, leading hypermarkets and supermarkets)

My Thoughts:
As my hair is quite long, I applied the hair serum to the last 10-15cm of my hair. As this is more of an intensive leave-on treatment, I did not notice any straightening effect.. however, I find that it makes my hair smoother to touch and less frizzy. It will be better if it can provide straightening effect on my hair.The hair serum is indeed easily absorbed with no oily after feel, (on both my hair and hands).
 

Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion
This is how Essential Rich Nourishing Care Lotion looks like - a bright orange bottle with a pump dispenser. It is the same size as Nuance Airy Anti-frizz Serum.

-The description and benefits of Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion as listed on the packaging.
























- The full ingredients list for Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion.

Trying it on my hair....










Product: Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion

Texture: Unlike Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum which is transparent and oil-based, Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion is in gel-cream-form (Texture is similar to our face moisturiser) ..It is pretty lightweight and spread easily onto hair without leaving my palms/fingers greasy.

Scent: It has a light floral scent which is not too strong. Its smell is different from Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum which has got a stronger fruitty-rose scent. Once I applied Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion onto my hair and smell my hair again, the scent did not linger on my hair, it just leave my hair softer and more nourished.

Directions of use: Pump an appropraite amount of lotion onto palm. Spread and apply evenly onto hair. Do not rinse off hair after application as it is an intensive leave-on treatment.

Packaging: The hair care lotion  is packaged in bright orange bottle with a pump dispenser. Each bottle contains 60ml of product. As the bottle is not transparent, one cannot see the actual amount of product left in the bottle.

Price: $10.90 ( available at Watsons, Guardian, leading hypermarkets and supermarkets)

My Thoughts:
I applied Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion to the last 10-15cm of my hair. The cream-gel texture spreads easily onto my palms and fingers, that I find the hair care lotion is applied evenly onto my hair ends. I noticed the result almost instantly, my hair is softer, smoother and more nourished. Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion is also easily absorbed without any oily after-feel, (on both my hair and hands).


So which hair essence do I prefer - Essential Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum or Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion?

Actually both these Essential hair essence work on my hair and give visible results. Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum is more to tame frizzy hair to give all-day smoothness and bounce, whereas Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion nourishes hair to give softness and manageability. There are only 2 differences between these 2 products, the texture and smell.

Essential Nuance Airy Anti-frizz serum (pink packaging) is a transparent oil-based hair serum which has got a fruitty-rose scent (wild rose essence), whereas Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion (orange packaging) is a gel-cream hair lotion which has got a slight floral scent.(sunflower oil essence)

Both hair essence work and keep my hair ends soft,  manageable and nourished all day, with no oily after-feel.

(It is difficult to choose) BUT If I really have to choose a winner out of these 2 winning-products, I will choose Essential Rich Premier Nourishing Care Lotion because my hair is pretty damaged after a decade of rebonding sessions and daily blow-drying, so a more nourishing and richer product would be better to repair all the damages that I had done to my hair (especially the last 15cm) all these years.  

Great News!!!
* There will be a giveaway at The Sample Store soon and 20 lucky winners will each walk away with an Essential Hair Essence of their choice.. Stay tuned as I will be sharing details on this giveaway in the first week October.

Thank you Essential (Kao Singapore) and The Sample Store for giving me this special privilege to try out the whole range of Essential hair care products.

No comments: