Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spa Esprit Power Of Scent Essential Oils Workshop


















About two weeks ago, I was back at Beauty Emporium at House@ Dempsey again.  As I mentioned before in my previous post on  my Strip Strawberry Brazilian Waxing experience, Beauty Emporium is a world’s first one-stop shop for all our beauty and nutritional needs. Everything you need for all your beauty and nutritional needs (be it  massage, facial, manicure, Brazilian wax or brow treatment) can be found in this one convenient location. This time round, I got the chance to understand more about the benefits of essential oils and even hands-on to create my own customized shower gel at this Spa Esprit Power of Scent Essential Oils Workshop.


















First part of the workshop, we had the knowledgeable doterra's essential oil expert, Sweelin, who shared with us her passion and knowledge on essential oils.  

I  am sure many of us have used essential oil before, but have you ever wonder what exactly is an essential oil made of:
  • Natural aromatic compounds found in plants
  • Steam distilled or cold pressed extraction
  • Powerful, safe benefits without side effects ( If the essential oil is not pure, it is actually harmful to bodies.. so be careful when you are buying one.) 
  • 50 to 70 times more powerful than herbs


How powerful is an essential oil?


















Oh ya, It was my first time learning that certain Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils can be used internally (consume them).




















Essential Oils come in different grades and the best ones are the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. CPTG essential oils are 100% pure natural, with no artificial ingredients, fragrances and fillers that would dilute their active qualities and are free of pesticides or other chemical residues. And we are happy to know that Spa Esprit carries and uses doterra's collection of CPTG essential oils.



The many uses of Essential Oils:











And after having some yummy spread of delicious pastries and desserts from the Test kitchen, it is the hands-on session as we got to make our customized shower gels using the wide collection of doterra essential oils...

















Check on what is on doterra's essential oil label:





































doterra's Geranium can be used internally, hence it is indicated to dilute one drop in 4 fl oz. of liquid (water).




















doterra is 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oil. - one of the finest aromatic extracts available in the world today.


We were each given a huge beaker of unscented shower gel, an ice-cream stick, an oil blend chart, a handy booklet on essential oil usage Guide A-Z,  and 2 full trays of doterra essential oils to choose from ....








































All of us were having lots of fun choosing which essential oils to go into the plain shower gel, sniffing the countless number of essential oils, and trying to make the end product smell nice and unique/beneficial to each of us.. so here are some things that I asked myself before I mix the essential oils into the shower gel:
  • what to choose for the top, middle and base notes?
  • will the oils blend well together and smell pleasant?
  • what benefits am I looking at in my customized shower gel?


















It was hard for me to decide what I want for my top, middle and base notes... but in my mind I just wanted a customized showel gel that can help in my back acne, smell nice and make me feel relax ...So I added these few essential oils into my shower gel..

  • Melaleuca - also known as tea-tree, cleansing and regenerative properties, especially for the skin.
  • Lavender - Calming and relaxing qualities
  • Geranium - outstanding benefits for soothing skin, calming effects and also useful for joint support and minor aches.

After mixing the above 3 oils, I find that my shower gel smell more of melaleuca, so I added in a few drops of doterra's citrus bliss invigorating blend which combine powerful essences of wild orange, lemon, grapefruit, mandarin, bergamot, tangerine and clementine with a hint of vanilla to form this unique and harmonius blend, giving a fresh, sweet scent.  



















dadaa...... here is my creation - actually my very first time customizing my own shower gel... and we poured the beaker of our 500ml customized shower gel into 2 brown bottles, each 250ml.






































We were also given super cute samples of doterra's basic essential oils trio which consist of Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint. Yes, I tried mixing in a drop of the lemon essential oil into my plain water to drink, and it indeed taste like freshly squeeze lemon juice mixed in water. I also tried a drop of peppermint essential oil into my Lipton tea, and it taste exactly like peppermint tea.. Pretty convenient by adding just a drop of the essential oil into my daily drink. ('',)

Oh well, are you wondering how my weird customized shower gel smell like?? haha, it smell quite nice and uplifting. At first sniff, I can smell Melaleuca (i do quite like the scent of tea tree though). During massaging the shower gel onto my skin, I can slowly smell the uplifting scent of citrus and calming lavender, making my shower a really pampering and relaxing one. My skin felt soft and the lovely citrus scent linger on my skin for a while even after my shower.

So are you thinking of making your own customized shower gel as well? There are many many choices/combinations depending on your needs.. I was reading through the essential oil guide and discovered some interesting things.. Essential oils can help diminish sexual desire, increase sexual desire, encourage appetite, ease coughs, purify the blood, reduce menstrual pain, relieve gastric disorders, lower blood pressure...  and the list goes on.. In fact, whatever concerns you have, there will be an essential oil out there to give you its medical and therapeutic benefits.





































By the way, each bottle of customized shower gel cost $35 (250ml) and $65 (500ml), it will make a great gift either for yourself or your family/friend. Besides shower gel, you can also customised body scrubs, massage oils, moisturisers, shampoos and conditioners.
















Updated (5th July 2011):This workshop really got me interested in doterra essential oils and I ended up buying a bottle of Melaleuca (also known as tea tree) for my acne problems. It is so pure that I can also dab a drop on our tongue and swallow to curb the starting of a sore throat.



For more information and the latest promotions, visit Spa Esprit Website or join Spa Esprit Facebook.

A Big Thank you Spa Esprit Singapore and Pearlin for inviting me to this interesting and fun-filled Power of Scent Essential Oils Workshop at the cozy and beautiful Beauty Emporium that always delighted me with its lovely decorations and unique products/services.

No comments: